How To Get A Job In Cryptocurrency? – Skills To Master
Driving a Ferrari might not be happening real soon, but we can give you another way to earn from cryptocurrency. Kickstarting your career in cryptocurrency isn't as hard as it may seem. Since cryptocurrency is rising, it created many opportunities in technology. How to get a job in cryptocurrency? You can choose what suits you, whether anything from blockchain developer jobs to bitcoin startup jobs, and you can also try entry-level jobs. With your currents skill, this industry is a fair consideration.
There are many roles that you can fill in the crypto world. Like marketers, copywriters, blockchain engineers, business development specialists, software engineers, and others. What is the best thing about it? Starting salaries are very attractive, and the chances of working remotely are high.
Getting A Job In Cryptocurrency
So, how to get a job in cryptocurrency? The first step is to be employable. Evaluate yourself and determine what can be your niche in the crypto industry. Please update your profile in all your social media accounts and LinkedIn by making it look more professional. In updating your LinkedIn, make sure to put relevant keywords to your bio and job title.
Since crypto is in a super fast-paced environment, most employers do not have the luxury of time to go through your CVs and scan your qualifications. This is not an excuse for just anything in there. If what your CV indicates does not match your performance, it may not be suitable for you. While the crypto market is fast-growing, it may be challenging to land a good job, and if you do not waste it because you might struggle to find another one. On the other hand, if you did right, your inbox might be overwhelmed with more opportunities you cannot imagine.
You do not need to be an expert to start. Even though you have no prior experience, there are crypto companies that may hire you. If you are new in this industry, start with a startup company and gain more experience. It would be best to show them that you have the proper knowledge and are sincerely interested in digital assets to land your first job in the crypto world.
What Are The Available Jobs In Cryptocurrency?
As we've said earlier, there are jobs in-store for anyone who wants to try their faith in cryptocurrency. Since the industry is emerging, the probability of growth is specifically attractive to job-seekers out there. A good salary and a high chance of working remotely is a plus. You can start by assessing yourself if you qualify for the positions below.
- Blockchain Engineer or Developer. For you to qualify, you must be a regular developer firsthand. Then from there, take courses specializing in blockchains.
- Smart Contract Developer. Same with blockchain developer, but other experience may require.
- Project Manager. Must have a degree in business and experience in project management. Also, general knowledge of cryptocurrency is a plus.
- Other related jobs. Not all roles in the crypto world are tech-related. There are some in the operations, consulting, marketing, and others. Even internships are available for those who want to learn more about cryptocurrencies.
Where To Find A Job?
Newly Established companies. Since it is just starting, they may need more people to join the team and build a new coin using blockchain.
Crypto Startups. It has been on the rise in recent years, making it more attractive to land a job here. Crypto startups are more on building and improving products like gaming, search engines, HR, and others. Why should you join a cryptocurrency startup? This kind of company needs all skills in other emerging industries. Of course, cryptocurrency experience is good, but some businesses need help in UI and UX, marketing, designs, and other job functions. These companies have a lot to offer for the aspiring applicant in non-technical jobs.
- Big-Name Companies. Yes! You can try on applying to popular companies and secure a career there. Famous and big companies are hiring for these roles every day, so if you think that a startup environment is not for you, you can actually find a more stable place.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, economies have been deeply affected; that is why this is the best time to apply for cryptocurrency jobs as reports say that startups are on massive hiring.
For you to be able to land a job successfully, you must have these skills.
- You should know the fundamentals. Since you want to take on a role in cryptocurrency, you should know the basics of this industry. It would be best if you did some research, so once you undergo an interview process, you can impress your interviewer by giving out some insights.
- Let them know what you can bring to the table. Create a comprehensive portfolio and list all the projects you have done. If you have no experience, try doing some internship for you to gain knowledge and experience.
- You must speak their language. By doing this, you can be able to relate to crypto people and build a rapport because you successfully hit their sweet spot.
- Be familiar with different cases. Some employers do not get comfortable with people caught up in the hype. Blockchain will not always answer every problem. You must be able to find solutions outside the blockchain. Understanding how blockchains are used is vital before proposing a new idea.
- Connect even virtually. The conference is an excellent opportunity to connect with other people, such as investors, newbies, or influencers. After the conference, connect to the speaker by mentioning a note from their talk; this will leave an impression to them that you listened to them, and with this, they can be able to respond to you, and you work your way around that. Discover more about how to get a job in cryptocurrency here!
The key on how to get a job in cryptocurrency is preparation. Even though you have no prior experience in the crypto world, make sure you do your homework. Understanding and owning the job will take you to your first crypto work.
UPDATED April 6, 2021
By: Hunter Shultz
We’ll say it right off the bat – yes, you can! But with this outright statement, it also comes with the danger of losing your entire crypto investments.
UPDATED April 3, 2021
By: Lance Richards
May have seen in the news that Japan and China are working to make their very own cryptocurrency.
UPDATED February 2, 2021
By: Lance Richards
Even after being famous, cryptocurrencies are still deemed as high risks. These trade or exchanges are not even considered for banking or even obtaining solutions in a typical fashion.