Bitcoin is the most popular and widely traded among the cryptocurrencies available. However, as it gained traction and reached parity with gold in 2017, Bitcoin is a pricey cryptocurrency for those starting out, or at least for those looking for cheaper alternatives. With that said, what is the cheapest cryptocurrency?
In this article, we can explore cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. These alternatives that we will have a look into are cheaper but with great earning potential. The key, as always, is to read closely and to take into account all available information about a certain cryptocurrency. For instance, there may be cheaper cryptocurrencies in the market, but with their lousy performance, they may not be cost-effective in the long run.
But below are some of the answers to what is the cheapest cryptocurrency, with options at less than a dollar.
- QuantStamp (QSP). Less than a dollar, but notable in terms of security. QuantStamp is the first of its kind to trace security loopholes throughout the process of Ethereum smart contracts. If you are on a hunt for cheaper crypto coins without compromising security – you shouldn’t since hackers abound in the crypto world – QuantStamp could be your go-to cryptocurrency.
Long term investors in QuantStamp have the privilege of availing of a monthly Airdrop of new crypto coins. It is, in fact, hailed as the best cryptocurrency under $1.
- IOTA (MIOTA). The IOTA Foundation is a German non-profit that is behind the IOTA virtual currency. In 2018, it launched the Data Marketplace, where companies may sell data. This project’s aim was to encourage data sharing. As a cryptocurrency offered by a non-profit, IOTA is one of the best available in the market. Furthermore, all transactions made in the Data Marketplace is free, in contrast to the many fees required as you move through the blockchain.
- Ardor (ARDR). Ardor made Valentine’s Day 2020 a little more special when it offered a promotion encouraging crypto investors and enthusiasts to give the gift of a funded Ardor Account for their loved ones. Sounds interesting, huh? Ardor is primarily a service that helps capacitate businesses and offer solutions to help them use the blockchain. Ardor has seen the great benefit of blockchain on business operations while also recognizing the possible lack of education and know-how on how this works. As a service, Ardor steps in to fill that gap. As a viable business model, many are attracted to invest in this cryptocurrency. This is a good crypto asset to watch out for.
- Nem (XEM). Another cheap but promising cryptocurrency is the New Economy Movement. NEM gives companies the chance to build and establish their business platform through its inherent nature as a Smart Asset System. It is a peer-to-peer, decentralized platform that integrates an intuitive Messages feature so that transactions can be backed by open but secure communication. NEM also has a security feature that requires multi-signature transactions as protection from hackers.
- Ravencoin (RVN). As magical as it sounds, the main muse behind this cryptocurrency is Westeros of the Game of Thrones. Ravencoin banks on truth, transmitting a ‘‘statement of truth’’ to its users owning crypto assets. It takes inspiration from ravens commissioned off to distant lands carrying ‘‘statements of truth’’. This is another crypto coin to watch out for, especially backed by sound business practice, and with the CEO of Overstock giving it a vote of confidence by plowing millions of dollars in investment into Ravencoin.
- Stellar Lumens (XLM). Stellar Lumens is a lending cryptocurrency that helps expedite payment processes and streamline the costs of cross-border transactions. It is a cryptocurrency under one dollar, but it has so much room to grow. However, it is not a small-cap cryptocurrency and has some of the largest caps among the available cryptocurrencies. However, this is still a considerably cheap crypto option.
- Cardano (ADA). Just like the Stellar Lumens, the Cardano has quite a large market cap because of its smart contract platform. Security in building finance applications through its platform is Cardano’s selling proposition to companies who are looking to build their own apps. It has a Daedalus Wallet, which the team is tinkering for the best functionality. The partnership and linkages of Cardano with different governments is also a good aspect to take note of.
- BitTorrent (BTT). You may have heard of this cryptocurrency because it is one of the most popular and one of the first in circulation, too. Some 138 countries have access to the widely available BTT cryptocurrency. In fact, over a hundred million clients are on BitTorrent daily, trading and keeping tabs on this cryptocurrency. Moreover, through BitTorrent, content developers are linked to their audience and transact with each other using digital currency, without any third party going between them.
- Pundi X (NPXS). Pundi has a tap to pay transaction system that allows the use of cryptocurrency among small and medium merchants. Thus, buyers and sellers can use cryptocurrency as their currency of exchange when purchasing. Users of Pundi may also top up their cards with a certain amount of funds in fiat currency. They just have to use the NPXS app. Its growth in 2020 has been reportedly vast, at 150% in just a week. That is so much room to grow!
- Ontology. Onchain, a Chinese company, is behind Ontology, launched in 2017. The Ontology blockchain is richly optimized, and it is also an aggressive player in the cryptocurrency world. An Ontology crypto coin is at $0.6427, with a huge earning potential eventually.
You are right by asking what is the cheapest cryptocurrency, while the rest of the world is absorbed in Bitcoin. By plumbing the depths of the crypto world for the cheaper alternatives, you get to discover cryptocurrencies that may not be as valued but have a lot of room to grow and improve. It’s an exciting investment arena since many of these alternative cryptocurrencies are founded on viable business models and truly interesting and beneficial projects. So, keep tabs on these ten cryptocurrencies, and be ready to feel glorious because soon, their time will come. Discover more about what is the cheapest cryptocurrency here!