We don’t just pick money from the tree because we have to work to earn it. That’s why we don’t leave it somewhere but keep it secure. This is also the reason why wallets, vaults, and banks are invented. But now that we live in a modern world, you can buy, sell, and invest without using a physical currency. This is possible because of the cryptocurrency that we are using now, and these need to be kept. So in this article, we will share with you where to keep cryptocurrency! So read till the end if you want to secure yours.
Tips on How to Safely Store Cryptocurrency
Not because you don’t see it means you don’t have it. Some may think that they are not losing anything when one of the coins starts to disappear from their account. Unlike the vault that allows you to see how much money do you have stored, what you see is your digital account and accurate numbers that represent the sum of your money. So allow us to give you some tips on how to safely store cryptocurrency.
- Like how you value your password in your social media accounts, you should ten times make your password stronger. The harder your password, the lesser the hacker’s chance to get access and control to your account. So think of a hard one.
- You can give your trust to somebody, but not your password. No matter how excited you get, you can’t tell your password.
- Do not leave your account logged on your device because something bad may happen like losing your device, snatched, or breaking. Once it falls in the hand of a curious hand, they can access your investment and use your money for their benefit.
- Use only digital wallets that are legitimate sources. Some may lure you with lower expense and protection, but in fact, they have a third party bridged behind that can affect your investment.
- Do not forget your password! This is the common problem of keepers. Since you cannot physically touch your wallet, you can’t just open it and get the money out. You need a password to open it and take control of your account. It’s okay to have a complex password but make sure you can easily remember it. Otherwise, you will have a hard time retrieving your account.
- Use offline devices to secure your account from notorious online hackers.
- Birds may lay their eggs in one corner. But that doesn’t mean you can do the same with your money. Doing this will not leave you any of the hackers takes it all. You can secure your asset id you will store it in different digital accounts or offline devices. Use two-factor authentication. This will prevent you from fraud. So don’t forget to set it.
- Free Wi-Fi may be tempting but don’t fall into this trap. Using a public hotspot or personal hotspot from somebody means you are sharing your data with them.
- You must only use your personal mobile, tablet, computer, or laptop when accessing your account. Logging to anyone’s account will lead you to no good.
- Secure your network during your online cryptocurrency transaction. Otherwise, a skilled hacker can empty your account before you knew it.
- Keep your properties private. Social media may be fun, but it can also bring you to harm if you share too much information. Opportunists are just everywhere, so you can’t show off that much because some are just pretending to be your audience and waiting for their time to attack.
But where to keep cryptocurrency? Learn how below.
Use Crypto Wallets or Hot Wallets
If we have physical wallets, we also have this so-called digital wallet, crypto wallet, or hot wallet. This is one way where to keep cryptocurrency. It allows us to store our currency and keep it away from hackers. Passwords protect these. You have the privilege to create your password base on your liking and ability to memorize it. However, you need to be careful in choosing one because some are hiding behind a good mask. Use only verified digital wallets. These verified digital wallets are encrypted with a password that only you can access.
Use Your Offline Devices or Cold Wallets
What if you don’t want to keep it in your digital wallet? Where to keep cryptocurrency? Here’s one of the easiest and safest way. You can use your hard drive or flash drive. Think of it like it’s your vault. The only difference is that you can bring it anywhere with you. Hackers will have a hard time accessing it because it is offline, so they won’t have a chance to steal your digital money. Not unless you lost your hard drive or flash drive. Choose a flash drive that has a special button that you to take control of your account.
Money talks, and it requires a safe place to keep. Like when we keep our money in our wallet, inside the vault, or deposit it to our account, the cryptocurrency you possess needs a safe place. With the growing number of cybercrimes, you have to find a safe spot to secure your assets. And now that we have shared with you where to keep cryptocurrency, you have an idea where you can put your virtual money. You know how to secure it, so when the time comes, and you found your interest in an investment, you know where to get it. Discover more about cryptocurrencies here!